Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dining On The Disney Wonder

The countdown continues with only 6 weeks until my Disney Wonder cruise!  There are so many things that I am looking forward to on this cruise (I may have said that before!).  This week let's talk dining!

Cruises and food go hand in hand.  One of the first questions I ask anyone who has just come back from a cruise is "How was the food?"   I'm not a very picky eater, so I am sure I will have plenty of meals that I like.  I am more excited about the dining experience.

Some of the things I am looking forward to:

Rotational Dining - Leave it to Disney to come up with something like this!  You go to a different restaurant every night and your servers follow you.  A new experience every night of our 3 night cruise!

Themed Restaurants - No one does this better than Disney!  
  • Animator's Palate - The scenery changes right before your eyes! The artwork on the walls goes from black and white to color during your dinner.  Your servers are in on the act too!  How cool is that?!
  • Parrot Cay - Themed after, you guessed it, the tropics! The perfect place for Pirate of the Caribbean night (can't wait!).
  • Triton's - Elegantly themed featuring beautiful Art Deco touches.  

Table/Dinner Assignment - I have heard that Disney does an excellent job pairing you up with dinner mates.  Since we will be adults traveling without children, I am interested in seeing how this works out.  If what I have heard is correct, Disney will try to seat us with other adults without children and even have our rotational dining assignment with adults without children or adults with older children.  We'll see!

Room Service - I have heard you can order Mickey Bars (chocolate covered, vanilla ice cream bars shaped like a Mickey head, aka heaven on a stick!!).  I hope this is true and will let you know!

I also plan on trying:
  • Beach Blanket Buffet -  On Deck 9 for lunch when you first get on board. I heard there are chocolate chunk cookies to die for at the buffet.  That's all I have to hear!
  • Pinocchio's Pizzeria - pizza
  • Goofy's Galley - salads, sandwiches, ice cream and cookies
  • Pluto's Dog House Snack Bar - hamburgers, chicken

Look for the full dining review when I return!


No comments:

Post a Comment