Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cruise Countdown Continues - Castaway Cay!

Seven Weeks until my Disney Cruise!

I have high expectations for my upcoming Disney Cruise (I've said that before and will probably say it again!). I've heard a lot about Castaway Cay, Disney's private island. I am no stranger to a private island, having experienced three other cruise line's versions. On my first cruise we visited a private island and it was the highlight of the cruise for me.  It was my favorite of the three I have visited.  I guess you could say it's the benchmark that I compare all others to.  I can't wait to see how Castaway Cay stacks up to the competition!

The things I enjoyed most on my private island experiences are:
  • the feeling of isolation
  • relaxing
  • being served frozen fruity drinks right on the beach

I am looking forward to being able to do these things at the adult beach, Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay!

I am also looking forward to exploring the island a little bit and enjoying the Disney details! In my opinion no one does details like Disney! They think of everything.

Here's some other things I plan on checking out: 

Snorkeling 

Can't wait to discover some of the hidden treasures Disney has placed in the snorkeling lagoon!


Pelican Plunge!

 


An Aqua Trike!


Spring-a-leak Playground and Scuttle's Cove

Even though this is an adult/girls trip I still want to check out all the fun for the kiddies, especially the new water features!  Okay, maybe I want to get splashed too!



Hopefully I will get to experience all of this in the one day we're at Castaway Cay.  If not, there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment