Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Disney Wonder Cruise Review Part Three

For those of you who are wondering, yes I did fall off the face of the earth for awhile!

I'm back!

Here is the final installment of my Disney Wonder Cruise Review.


Entertainment:  Of course the entertainment was spectacular! 

The Sail Away Party did not disappoint.  What a fun way to get the cruise started!  

Loved the evening shows.  My favorite was the Disney Dreams - Enchanted Classic. 

Pirates IN the Caribbean was a lot of fun.  The cruise director, Christian, and his staff did a great job.


I have to mention the Karaoke.  We were lucky enough to have talented fellow passengers that were a hoot to watch!  Whenever I hear Hey Jude, I will think of the couple of guys who sang it in Portuguese. Too funny!


Port Tour:  We chose to go on the Nassau Forts and Junkanoo Discovery in Nassau.  I really didn't expect much from this tour.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.  You go on a driving tour through Nassau and visit a couple of forts.  There are guides at the forts who give an informative tour.  The highlight of the tour was the Junkanoo Discovery.  When we pulled up to a small house and the driver told us that this was the Junkanoo musuem, we had 30 minutes there.  I thought, "How are we going to spend 30 minutes here?"  I had no idea what we were in for and had a great time!  The four of us highly recommend this excursion!

Castaway Cay:  Wow!  Loved it!  There is something for everyone.  We did try to snorkel.  Didn't stay in long.  The water was cold.  We ended up spending most of our time at Serenity Bay, the adult beach.  


The only disappointment I had was that the Flying Dutchman was being repaired so she was not in the water.  


Service:  We had great service.  We got off to a bit of a bumpy start with our cabin host.  The beds were arranged into a king bed.  I love my sister, but did not want to sleep in the king bed with her.  We asked our cabin host to arrange the beds in the two twin bed format.  He kept asking if we wanted the couch made up.  Not sure if it was a language barrier or him not wanting to pull the beds apart.  We did get our point through to him and tipped him a little extra.  From then on, service was great!


As I said before, our servers at dinner were fantastic!  They were extremely friendly and may just be the best servers I have ever had on a cruise.

Getting Off the Ship:  I cannot believe how fast we got off the ship.  I was in shock.  I have been on several cruises and never got off a ship that fast before.  We did have late seating for breakfast.  Not sure if that had something to do with it. 

Final Notes:

On the last day of your cruise, you go to the restaurant that you were at the night before.  Your servers are there to take care of you.  I liked that we got to see them one more time.  You are assigned a time.  This is different from other cruise lines I have been on.  Seating was open.  Not on Disney.

There were lots of families and kids but there were many adult travelers as well.  I was paying attention since we were on an adult trip.  Disney does a great job of catering to all travelers!

Suggestions to Disney:

A pocket size map of the ship to carry around with you would be nice. 

Early entry to the ship for Walt Disney World Resort guests.  I didn't like how late we got to the ship from our Disney resort.

Photo Pass on the ship.  You could purchase photos when you get home that way.

Was the cruise worth double the cost of other cruise lines?  Hmmmmm.  I think you should go on a Disney cruise and decide for yourself!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey
    My son is a photographer on the Wonder - his name is Waldo Schafli - tall dude with dark hair and blue blue eyes - very charming - did your perhaps meet him?

    SA mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracey,

    Your post is really good. It gives us useful details about Disney Cruises.

    "Entertainment: Of course the entertainment was spectacular!"

    Yes, most Disney cruises have spectacular entertainments that every cruisers will enjoy and remember. Especially for the kids on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a fantastic cartoonistic work has been done. such kind of blog must attract he childrens and they get to know about many good ideas. Yacht Charter Dubai

    ReplyDelete